(Las Vegas, NV) — On October 18, 2019, Education Support Employees Association (ESEA) members overwhelmingly voted to ratify the two-year contract negotiated with the Clark County School District (CCSD). See MOA Here
“Over 99% of those who voted, voted to ratify the two-year financial contract,” said Virginia M. Mills, President of ESEA. “We would like to thank our members for their involvement throughout the negotiation and ratification process so that ESEA could deliver the largest win for education support professionals in years.”
The terms of the ratified agreement are as follows:
• The Agreement will be for two years, from July 1, 2019 until June 30, 2021;
• A three percent (3%) salary increase for all employees with an effective date of July 1, 2019, all employees will receive retro-pay;
• All employees eligible for a step increase during the first year of the contract will receive their step increase, if an employee had a step eligibility date between July 1, 2019 and the ratification date of the contract, the employee will receive retro-pay;
• All employees eligible for a step increase during the second year of the contract will receive a step increase;
• The District will increase its contribution towards employee health insurance premiums by 4% per month for all employees effective September 1, 2019;
• The District will increase its contribution towards employee health insurance premiums by an additional 4% per month for all employees effective September 1, 2020;
• All Longevity Stipends under Article 19-6 are increased by $250; and
• All costs for fingerprinting employees will be waived once the new agreement is ratified.
• Changes to Article 8 to allow greater flexibility to conduct union business.
This contract will go into effect immediately and the exact date the retro-pay will take effect will be determined shortly by ESEA and CCSD. When the date is determined, an email with the date will be sent to members
The Education Support Employees Association (ESEA) is the recognized bargaining agent of Education Support Professionals In Clark County. ESEA is the largest of 30 local affiliates in the Nevada State Education Association, and the largest ESP local in the United States.
Contact: Alexander Marks - Alexander.Marks@nsea-nv.org