Who We Are and Who We Represent
The Education Support Employees Association (ESEA) is the recognized bargaining agent of Education Support Professionals in Clark County, Nevada’s public schools.
ESEA is the largest ESP local in the United States and is a full-service employee association which is an affiliate of the Nevada State Education Association (NSEA) and the National Education Association (NEA), the largest national association representing education employees in the United States.
Education Support Professionals perform a wide range of essential work, including child nutrition services, instructional assistance and para-educator services, maintenance and operations, library and media assistance, education office services, student transportation, technology services and more. These employees provide vital service to the children in Clark County’s public education system.
Many different jobs are performed by ESEA Education Support Professionals. The National Education Association (NEA) has identified eight main job groups that include over 400 categories of ESP positions.
- Paraprofessionals - Instructional and Non-instructional Support
- Clerical Services - Secretarial, Clerical, and Administrative support
- Transportation - Transportation and Delivery Services and Vehicle Maintenance
- Food Services - Food Planning, Preparation, and Services
- Technical Services - Computer, Audiovisual, and Language Technical Support; Media, Public Relations, Writing, and Art Specialties
- Health Occupations/Security - First Aid / Safety Assistant and Campus Security Monitors